AMD and its Zen 4-based Ryzen 7000 processors will launch the AM5 platform and with it, new motherboards will arrive. The first to arrive will use the X670E and X670 chipsets, as they will match the most high-end motherboards. However, the mid-range and more interesting, which will use the B650E Yes B650 that will come later, although fortunately they have already leaked the asus motherboards corresponding.
AMD Ryzen 7000 processors promise a lot and if we consider the prices of their high-end processors, like the 7900X or 7950X, we can see a good ratio between performance and cost. However, if we think of the AM5 platform that they are going to use, we have to talk about using the most advanced technology of the moment like PCIe 5.0 or memory DDR5-RAM. The latter is undoubtedly one of the aspects that will put off many interested parties, since it is still much more expensive than DDR4. In addition, you have to see the price and what the motherboards that will bring these CPUs to life will look like.
Leaked ASUS motherboards with B650 and B650E chipsets
Luckily, we already have a leak that shows us ASUS cards with B650E and B650 chipset. This chipset is very interesting for the average user, because it offers a Balance Between features, cooling, vrm and at a not too high price. And it is that, compared to the X670 and X670E chipsets, the B650 will have a more affordable price, without forgetting the support for the much desired PCIe 5.0. As for the chipset B650Emotherboards that bring this, will offer a slot PCIe 5.0 for the GPUs and will have support for M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen5 SSD.
On the other hand, motherboards B650 they will have a PCIe 5.0, which in the case of ASUS, as we see, is the one dedicated to M.2 SSD. The leak itself encompasses a total of 6 ASUS-branded B650 motherboards and 1 B650E motherboard. On this, we will detail specifications of the asus motherboards with chipset B650 and B650E:
- ROG STRIX B650E–Wireless: 2 PCIe Gen 5.0 slots + 3 PCIe Gen 5.0 M.2 + 1 PCIe Gen 4.0 M.2
- ROG STRIX B650-A Gaming Wi-Fi: 2 PCIe Gen 4.0 slots + 1 PCIe Gen 5.0 M.2 + 2 PCIe Gen 4.0 M.2
- TUF Gaming B650-Plus Wi-Fi: 2 PCIe Gen 4.0 slots + 1 PCIe Gen 5.0 M.2 slot + 2 PCIe Gen 4.0 M.2 slots
- TUF Gaming B650 Plus: 2 PCIe Gen 4.0 slots + 1 PCIe Gen 5.0 M.2 slot + 2 PCIe Gen 4.0 M.2 slots
- Prime B650-Plus: 2 PCIe Gen 4.0 slots + 1 M.2 PCIe Gen 5.0 + 1 M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0
- TUF Gaming B650M-Plus Wi-Fi: 2 PCIe Gen 4.0 slots + 1 PCIe Gen 5.0 M.2 slot + 1 PCIe Gen 4.0 M.2 slot
- TUF Gaming B650M-Plus: 2 PCIe Gen 4.0 slots + 1 PCIe Gen 5.0 M.2 slot + 1 PCIe Gen 4.0 M.2 slot
AsRock B650 LiveMixer – A high-end B650 motherboard
Not only did ASUS motherboards with B650 and B650E chipsets appear, but AsRock also succumbed to leaks. This time we are talking about the motherboard AsRock B650 Live Mixer, shown in an image where we basically only see the flat PCB, with no other components on it. Note that this is a standard ATX format motherboard with 4 slits DDR5 DIMMs Yes a Promontory 21 chip instead of the two chips of the X670 and X670E. Moreover, he has 3 PCIe slots for graphics cards and 4 M.2 SSDs. Along with this motherboard, AsRock intends to release many others with the B650 and B650E chipsets such as:
- B650E Steel Legend
- B650E ITX
- B650E ProRS
- B650E Ghost Gaming Riptide
- B650E Phantom Gaming-ITX/AX
- B650 Phantom Gaming Velocita
- B650M Ghost Gaming Riptide
- B650 Live Mixer
- Lightning B650 PG
With this, it is clear that we will also find cards with a high-end B650 chipset. With regard to their prices, it is estimated that the B650 motherboards they will have a $125 starting price and from there it will go up. Regarding plates with B650E chipsetthey will be a bit more expensiveas they require more PCB layers to retain signal from PCIe 5.0 slots for GPUs and Gen 5 ports for M.2 SSDs.