Forbidden Horizon West i just got one new update with several exciting new features and a good amount of in-game fixes and improvements. The patch will update the game to the version 1.17 which will add a high refresh rate mode (HFR) for displays supporting refresh rates of 120Hzsupport VRR and a new “balanced” graphics mode for 40Hz.
Horizon Forbidden West talks about after of Horizon Zero Dawnacclaimed action-adventure games developed by Guerrilla Games. Forbidden West was released exclusively for consoles. PlayStation 4 Yes playstation5 and has one of the best graphics of the generation. Although his number Sales has been reduced by other versions such as Ring of Eldenthe Guerrilla game is considered one of the best locations of 2022.
Horizon Forbidden West Patch 1.17 Adds 120Hz VRR and HFR Modes and 40Hz Balanced Mode
With the new Forbidden West update, users will be able to experience 2 new display modes, one called HFR at 120 Hz and the other called “Balanced” at 40 Hz. On the HFR side, it will mean that the screen will be updated 120 times per secondbut this does not indicate that we will have 120fps. Here comes in Variable refresh rate o VRR, introduced by Sony in April this year for the PlayStation 5 and compatible televisions.
First, we will explain what this technology does, which will take care of to sychronize dynamic update rate TV or monitor, with that of the chart of the PS5. With this we obtain an improvement in fluidity, reducing the microstuttering and the tear, thus achieving a more stable FPS rate. To use it on our PlayStation 5, we will need our TV or monitor to be compatible with VRR and HDMI 2.1.
If we meet this requirement, the function will be activated automatically. On the other hand, the balanced graphics mode at 40 Hz arrives for satisfied two types of players. First, those holders of one steam bridge on which you can adjust the refresh rate of your screen 40Hz and enjoy a smoother experience. Second, those who want to experience in a way intermediate Come in Solving method a 30fps Yes Performance Mode a 60fps.
These are all the changes brought by the latest Horizon Forbidden West update
Horizon Forbidden West – Version 1.17 Patch Notes
New Features (PS5)
- Support for Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) and High Refresh Rate (HFR)
- VRR improves the dynamic scaling of the resolution in 60Hz
- VRR and HFR aim for a refresh rate between 60Hz and 120Hz
- New “balanced” graphics mode that introduces 40Hz for supported displays
Performance and stability
- Fixed multiple accidents.
- Fixed an issue in the “Wings of Ten” main quest where the “Defeat Regalla” objective was not updating.
- Fixed an issue in the main quest “Wings of the Ten” where the “Wings of the Sun” could miss during the “Cancel a Wing of the Sun” objective.
- Fixed an issue in the “All That Remains” Main Mission where the cutscene with tilda after the gallery failed to start.
- Fixed an issue in “The Broken Sky” Main Quest where sometimes Dekka was behind Hekarro’s throne during the “Talk to Dekka” objective.
- Fixed an issue in the “Shadow in the West” side quest where the “Kill Vezreh and his machine” objective would not update.
- Fixed an issue in the “Gate of the Vanquished” side quest where the “Defeat Yarra/Drakka” objective would not update.
- Fixed an issue in the “Nights of Lights” quest where collecting the “Gizmo” earlier would block progress.
- Fixed an issue in “The Stillsands” Relic Ruin where activity would get stuck.
- Fixed an issue where the “Dreadwing” remained hidden when knocked down.
- Fixed an issue where “Clawstrider Apex Hearts” was placed in “Valuables to Sell” in inventory.
- Fixed an issue where “elemental arrows” from fully upgraded bows would destroy cartridges instead of detonating them.
- Fixed an issue where using “Elite Precision Arrows” with “Iriv’s Fall” was not dealing bonus damage to enemies in the “Brittle” state.
User Interface/User Experience
- Updated “Ultra Hard” difficulty selection text to clarify that the setting cannot be changed.
- Removed the exclamation mark icon when all skills have been unlocked and skill points are available.
- Fixed an issue where “Desert Bird Wing” could not be picked up from birds.
- Fixed an issue where the “All Machine Types Scanned” trophy would not unlock if the remaining machines were scanned in NG+.
- Fixed an issue where changing the Crouch/Slide button to R1 would render it unusable.
- Fixed and improved various localizations and subtitles.